Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 80

Wow, 80 days and counting. Yay !  So I still haven't gotten the chance to post any NY pics.... can never get on the "real " computer anymore. It's always occupied ! LOL   I am in the borrowed lap top again from my bed. Well it's a good thing because this cold has been kicking me !!!!
That all being said, let's get to today !
So have you done your RAK this year yet? The year is almost over...... when was the last time you did a RAK? Do you know what that is????   A "Random Act of Kindness"......

Today I spent a few moments putting together 2 little angel pins for these 2 gals I was having lunch with. Well, I felt so lousy today with this cold, yet Art called me to see about meeting for lunch and I thought it would be good for me to get out just for a bit. Spent the rest of the day in bed.
Anyway, I was supposed to also meet these 2 gals from my weekend gig. Wound up was they had to cancel at the last minute. I had gotten these small little angel pins for them. I just love angels. As we grow together, you will come to find out that my mother's maiden name was "Angel". I think I may have mentioned that in a previous blog post. Always had a thing for Angels and the goodness they stand for. Anyway, I didn't really want to take the little angels back home. I noticed a whole group of people at a large table behind us and they were all men except for 2. They were all from FEMA and they were just out having lunch as I was. I went over to the ladies, gave them the angel pins and thanked all the table of FEMA workers for all they do.
It felt good. Spend 5-10 min. doing a RAK..... it doesn't have to be at the holidays but that's a good place to start. The smallest gesture feels so good. I always hope that it rubs off onto the next person. LOL
Buys someone a cup of coffee, pay for someones toll at the toll booth...... anything.....

As we approach the holidays, think of those less fortunate, no matter where you are in your own life.
Please let me know what your RAK is...... I love it when you comment. We are up to 2700 views..... keep the challenge going and find that few min. each day to do something different......

Have a great day !
                                                            Visit Our Web Page

No comments: