Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 26

Today we allocate time for some pre-Halloween "stuff"..... below find an original poem....yes, I have written poetry before. I even have a published poem. That being said, I haven't written one in a little while............given my Halloween tale of sorts, I thought I would re-visit some poetry today to add to my experience and keep my mind working! :)

Before we get to the poem, let's take a step back. On the way to and from an event today, our car full of people (Brian, Stevi, and myself) mentioned cool Halloween stuff several times. It was a long day. We were all up before the crack of dawn to work this event. I met Art for Pizza when I got home and we talked about what I was going to do for the blog today. I said, "Since we are here in Smithville, let's go look at the lake".......get a take on it when it was dark out.............Naaah, we decided, too chilly..... so as I was thinking and walking..... something strange happened.... A BAT FLEW OVER OUR HEADS............Art kept missing it but I saw it plain as day ( or night in this case...hahaha). It flew over our heads, over a truck near our path and out into a tree !  Not the first time I've sen a bat fly near me before..... AMAZING! At least it was outside and not in my house !!!! Thus, taking a 2 minute or less experience and turning it into 5 or so.... I thought I would write something.........
                    
                                                 BOOH
                                        (BATS OVER OUR HEADS)

    IT CAME OUT SO CLEAR IN THE DARK OF THE NIGHT
    FLYING OVER OUR HEADS
    WE HAD NO FEAR IN THE DARK OF THE NIGHT
    AS THE FEAR LAY WITH THEM
    BOOH......BATS OVER OUR HEADS
    THEY FOUND A TREE TO REST AWHILE
    WHILE WE WALKED IN THE COOL CRISP BREEZE
    THEY MUST HAVE BEEN ON A QUEST FOR AWHILE
    TO COME OUT AND SEE WHAT WE SEE
    BOOH.......BATS OVER OUR HEADS
    GONE IN A FLASH OVER THE LIGHTS ....TO THE TREES
    GONE INTO THE NIGHT OVER THE LIGHTS ....TO THE TREES
    HALLOWEEN IS COMING AND I GUESS IT WAS TIME
    FOR THE BAT TO SAY HI............AND THEN QUICKLY SAY BYE
    IS IT LUCKY, IS IT SCARY, IS IT FUNNY, IS IT FAIRY.....TALE.....
    NO, IT WAS CLEAR AS THE COOL CRISP NIGHT
    BOOH........BATS OVER OUR HEADS
    TAKING US IN
    THEN TAKING FLIGHT
by Ava Holly  10/24/12

Have a great night.........see you tomorrow !

                                               Visit Our Web Page                       





No comments: