Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 7

OMG....what wonders we find when we take just a few minutes and stray away from the path and look !
So today I felt a little under the weather. It isn't too bad. Just winding down from a long day yesterday, an early morning board meeting today and a busy weekend ahead. So last week, when I was going through some never ending boxes, I came across this cool bag I used to use as a purse when I was a teenager. Later on down the road, I put something interesting into this purse/bag and when we moved I even put a few more things into it. So when I came across it, I moved it to the side to look through it when I had a few minutes. I made that few minutes today and I found 3 things that I wanted to share with you. Funny how things happen in 3's. Ken Kragen calls it the magic or the power of 3's....
I don't know that there is any magic in anything I've found today, however, it was magic finding it and the smile it put on my face in just 5 minutes away from the normal routine.

The first thing that I came across was my grandmother's Blue Cross Blue shield card. It's effective date was 4/4/58 . Not terribly old among things that I find around from the family yet it is 54 years old which is older than I am.

The second thing I found was a thank you note to my grandmother.It's stamped on the envelope Oct. 13th, 1973 in a faded postal stamp. (had to use a magnifying glass to see it ) The physical stamp on the envelope is of Eisenhower and it is an 8 cent stamp. One of my favorite numbers is 13 and how funny is it that I find this in October.... My grandmother lived with us for many years when I was younger. So this thank you note was addressed to my grandmother in c/o my Father at one of his business addresses. The funny thing is that this note was from my babysitter. We are still friends with her today. We experienced  a lot of life with her, after she became my "live-in" babysitter. THAT was truly a great experience and I am so honored and blessed to still have this lady and her family in my life. I can't wait to share this with her.

And the last thing I found that I wanted to share was a unique pastime. I don't know the exact age of this item that I found but I know it's at least 30 years old. Wonder how many of you remember doing THIS!
The item is a chain of gum wrappers.... it's about 6 feet in length and is in pretty good shape. There were even more gum wrappers to continue the chain. It's folding the wrappers in a way to make them look like links.

I guess you could say , at least the gum chain, was something I hadn't done in quite some time. The other 2 items are each over 30 years old. Interesting way to spend 5 minutes..............
                                                                 Visit our web page


No comments: