Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 27

Wow! Today was interesting....well,  my "off the beaten path time" was more in the realm of my business however I have not done anything like this before and I got so excited when it all came together in 10 minutes that I have to share......
I added a page to my web site called the "Triple Lenz Group". This is going to be a way for me to give back to the many photographers that have helped to make my business thrive. Although we are still in the building stages, I thought of a cool way to give back. The Triple Lenz will meet two times a year for a social hour. They can be in the group in 3 categories and they have to qualify to get in.
1. They can be a professional photographer
2. They can be a novice with photography as a hobby
3. They can be a film maker/production company that also had an interest in stills
The qualification is that they must have done some kind of barter exchange of photos with my company.
I'm going to secure a venue. It will most likely be cash bar set ups or if in a meeting facility I will provide coffee/tea etc.... Ordering food would be off a menu and pay as you go. I will be giving away prizes that could help these people in their business in some way. I think this is a great way to build camaraderie ,  to network, and to have like minded people work on their businesses in a professional manner, by working WITH each other whenever possible.
It's a win win for all of us.
So after this all came together, I emailed the photographers that are already in the "fold" so to say. I already had one tell me she would open up her home for the very first one and cook for everyone! How awesome is that.
I also did a blog at the Galloway Patch about the whole idea of giving back and how we should think outside the box to do that. You can view that blog at the link below  under local voices !

So I've been thinking about this for a day or two , but it all actually unfolded very quickly today in about 10 min. and then about 1/2 hour emailing and setting up the web page and the other blog. It felt really good.
So even though your little escape from the day may be related to your business or your regular day.........make it something interesting and do it with style !

                                                                      Visit Our Web Page
                                                                      Visit the Patch Blog here....local voices

No comments: