Thursday, November 8, 2012

Days 37 & 38


These 2 posts will be interesting.....

Firt, Day 37.....couldn't get the post in for by the end of the day, I had lost power in our newest storm, "Athena"..... The "Gods" wouldn't let me post.....hahahaha    I had actually come home from a meeting at Applebees. While we were there, yes , in the snow.... the power went out. So here we are with an important associate, my new intern and staff, Art,Brie and we are eating in the dark ......
I get home and it's pitch black so I climb up my 3 flights of stairs with a flashlight. (at least I had one in the car) Brie and I enter a pitch black apartment. I have just enough "C" batteries from the last storm, Sandy, to put into the radio. Doing that by flashlight and I drop one of the batteries....can't find it....LOL....Art saved the day when he came home with some C batteries....we got power back at 5 AM....

Day 38
Today was just a hectic day. Had a model interview with Brian and then prepared to attend a funeral. (well , the viewing). Very sad when it's someone who was only 26 yrs. old. Makes you wonder.....

So neither of these days held things that we would want to do for 5 or 10 min. (or even longer).....but they both certainly held things that could change the way you see something. I don't think anyone goes through a black-out , a storm, a community loss or a personal loss without feeling something deep down inside. It's human nature, isn't it?

It's certainly a wonder why we always gravitate and long for our "pictures". They are our memories, sometimes our souls of events, people.....family.....

Doing this blog is intended for us to feel something and see something that maybe we weren't looking for. This just happens to be parts of life we have to deal with....These are shortened stories of the past 2 days events....you can get the picture just by this, I'm sure....

Til tomorrow. Be safe and cherish all the things that you have.
                                                         Visit Our Web Page                                       

No comments: