Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 52

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. I know many have a lot to be thankful for this year. Remember, no matter what, when you have your health, your life, your drive.....the human spirit can do ANYTHING......

So yesterday, Thanksgiving, I got in quite late and I wanted to share what I did differently...... I know it's a family holiday so if you didn't do anything different, I forgive you.............hahahahaha...... I couldn't even get in here yesterday...... so I'll be back later today for Day 53 LOL.

Since I wasn't cooking a whole meal and we were heading out to Cherry Hill, I decided I was going to make a pie. I love to bake but don't get to do that as often as I would like. Great time for me to do that. So I set out to make an apple pie from scratch.  The only thing I was missing was more Sugar. I knew we were running out so I run to the store and get a bag. Meantime, back at the ranch, I go to start the dough and I find I have 3 containers of Sugar, including the new bag, and NO Flour............zero, zippo..........

I could have sworn I had flour.............. Like I said, haven't baked much lately. All I can think of is that I had some old flour and threw it out ! Who the heck knows................

I had already started the crust so I had to figure out something..... I found a container of cornstarch !   I  used that to keep my hands dry and the baking mat dry and it worked out fine. Cornstarch saved the day.......and by the way.........the pie was delicious!!!!  Hope you enjoyed......:)

                                                              Visit Our Web Page

No comments: