Friday, January 17, 2014

What a week can bring....

Good morning,

I want to share a few things with you this morning so grab your java or your tea and put your thinking caps on.....

First, we enjoyed a nice 365 day blog challenge last year up til now..... I feel it's time to move forward now and not worry so much about the "challenge" of the day yet concentrate on the content and the search for your goal !  No matter what anyone says, what business, what timing, what career..........I honestly believe that January is a planning month..... I used to be in a company that had THIS saying....
"SO GOES JANUARY, SO GOES THE YEAR".  I used to believe that and every January I would wonder why it wasn't exactly the way the chips would fall.   So I took a good look at January. ( Other than it being my birthday month... LOL)   We have kids going back to school, we have holiday leftovers in the way of decorations, food, New Year's props, even company if you may....haha....   We have down time and cleaning up from a Hectic December and New Year. I do believe that goes for everyone for no matter what you celebrate or where you are in your life..... you are participating in some sort of festivities during December and early January......
JANUARY IS A PLANNING MONTH.... I say  Plan your work and work you plan.... no matter what that may be .........

So last week, Brie and I spent over 3 hours thinking about her choices in school etc.... Now when she was little, she liked Barney for a short time however when most of the other kids were dancing around to Barney, MY daughter, Brie was watching the food network !  She still liked the kids shows but she could name ALL the chefs on T.V. and always had some concoction from the kitchen she would beg me to taste !  ( When she was very little, that was very hard for you never know what was in those ! )

I am so proud of her, after 3 semesters of school, to decide to move into the Culinary program here at The Atlantic Cape Community College. I have to say, they have one of the best Culinary programs around. I remember when you had to get on a waiting list to get in !  Now, they have opened up more classes, morning, night and evening and people have more choices.

We went to orientation yesterday and they fed us this most fabulous lunch. Aside from that, the staff was SO welcoming and friendly, just SO enjoyable to be around.  Needles to say, it's been a whirlwind for a week as this decision , didn't come lightly, but came last Friday..... I don't even remember where the days in between went.....

So look to your goals.... plan your year ahead and walk with higher power guiding you and taking you on this wonderful life journey ! You never know what is around the next corner !

Go Brie.... I love you !


No comments: