Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 2
Today we allocate time for the Balcony Blogger Challenge Day 2. So I know Sundays are , for many people, either Church days, family days, days of rest or sort of do nothing days..... so here is what I will be doing for our challenge on Sundays.......this is going to be called the Day of Change..... take that as you may....
In years past, I have saved much change. One year, I saved 600.00 by myself to use for a vacation. Well, this year I thought it would be easy pizi to save change for a trip. Every time I would save a bunch of change, someone in my family would cash it in. So here is what I propose. ( Now I am planning on using this saved change for a trip in August of 2013.... I will continue on the path past that, but I will be using the change at that time.........already declaring that I'm going to make it that far)
Each Sunday, as we break a bit from our regular part of the challenge, I propose we gather all the change we have on us. If you carry a purse, get it from there. If you use your pockets for change, get it from there. Under you car seats, under your bed, wherever you think you may have change. Now here's the trick. If you have under a dollar--you can spend it on your favorite coffee or whatever. The trick is to have at least a dollar or more. What you will do is cash in your change and put all the "dollars" into an envelope. Seal the envelope and put it in a safe place. Whatever odd change you have, you put into a jar or container for next Sunday..... Now you may find it easier to cash out a large basket or jar of change than you would just an envelope that is sealed with 1, 2 , or 3.00 in it. You need to restrain yourself from busting open your envelopes etc.... Do not write on the envelop with how much you have in there. Just put it in a safe place. We will do this until our challenge is over.... I will be using mine in August but I will continue the challenge and report on the total saved for the year. So this is our Sunday Day of Change. We will do this each and every Sunday as part of the total Challenge. We have already picked up some new people on this blog..... pass along our challenge and feel free to put your "things" for the challenge on here...... make it a great day !

                                                                   Visit our Web Page
                                                           

No comments: