Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve with Walt Sanders ETA spotlight !

Hello all,

Let me first start by saying Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and big hugs and wishes to whatever you celebrate this time of year !  Remember, it's about the kindness, the love of family and friends and the passion for whatever you  believe.... Remember what you think about you bring about
 ( Thank you Zig Ziglar) and whether you think you can or you think you can't---- YOU'RE RIGHT

Let's go to someone who certainly can.... Elvis Tribute Performer Walt Sanders 


It's amazing that I am getting the opportunity to chat with ETA's from all over. Walt was so nice on the phone.  I'm also excited to have built a relationship with booking agent Sandy Delvillar of the " Wonder of you promotions "    Find her on Face Book !    Sandy helped to put me in touch with Walt. She's a fan and her enthusiasm for his show is amazing !



I find it so interesting that when I pose the question on the "why" and the "how" of being an Elvis Tribute performer, the answer I have been getting is FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS THE MAN.
It's amazing that I've spoken with artists from various States that say the same thing. It's a true honest to goodness love of the Man and his musical contributions to society that bond the ETA's no matter where they are.

I love the mutual respect I am finding between the ETA's as well.  I do have to say that speaking with a few of them brings up the conversation concerning the ETA competitions and such. I think that it's enlightening to hear that  many of the ETA's are much more interested in being the best they can at their craft than competing.

You can see in the photos that Walt is passionate about what he does. He's been singing since he's 6 years old , roughly, and has been performing as Elvis for over 25 years....





Here, Walt is seen with one of the original members of the Jordanaires , Ray Walker

The Jordanaires were the back up band that sang with Elvis for many years ! ( As well as having their own illustrious careers)

Ray is quoted as saying that if you get an opportunity to see Walt performing as Elvis , you should take it....

All of the ETA's stress that they are not trying to BE Elvis yet they are trying to pay him the best Tribute that they can.

Check out all the upcoming shows and more info on Walt at www.onenightwithyou.net 





I was going to tell Walt that he resembled Kurt Russell, yet he beat me to it....boy does he resemble him !   LOL

Thank you Walt for taking the time out of your schedule to chat with me and to be a part of our ETA spotlight. 

Looking forward to talking again !

Enjoy !


No comments: