Sunday, October 29, 2017

"Take me to Church"....ETA Spotlight #3

Good Sunday Eve...
Hello from Ava, your Balcony Blogger....
Thank you all for taking this blog up over 52,000 viewers thus far. We are embarking on some great things and great stories to bring you.  Hopefully, you will enjoy our newest feature, the ETA Spotlight once a month. This slot is designated to my last blog post each month...the other 3 weekly blogs can be about anything and everything...mostly staying with our evolving theme: EMPOWERMENT, THROUGH BUSINESS, ENTERTAINMENT AND FASHION....


Nothing fits all of those words better than the KING himself, Elvis Presley. Just a quick re cap... I went down to Graceland in August to do a story on the new complex the week prior to Elvis Week. This year marked the 40th Anniversary of the passing of Elvis Presley.  You can scroll back a few blogs to get to that story if you'd like to see it. I then thought of all the FABULOUS ETA's ( Elvis Tribute Artists) Across the Country and thought how cool it would be to spotlight these fine entertainers along with all of our love for Elvis.

  Our first spotlight went to ETA Richie Santa from Long Island, NY.... Last month we spotlighted  Jimmy T. as Elvis from Exeter, PA  and this space is now dedicated to Doug Church of Indiana.... Wow ! I am so excited about this feature and I am also honored to have met and become friends with these ETA's.  Enjoy the journey with us..... 




When I say, "Take me to Church"...you KNOW that's an expression of something that is so spiritual it reminds you of going to that place you love to pray in...whether it's Church, Temple , or the side of your bed in your room....it's a spiritual place that is sacred....a place that is truly Amazing !


I had the pleasure of seeing Doug in Hammonton, New Jersey a few months back. I was blown away. I have loved Elvis for a long time yet I never got to see him perform live. I was just a teen-ager when he passed away. Funny, I remember to this day, exactly where I was when I heard the tragic news. 
So I got to see Doug in this brand new event center space in Hammonton  KATHEDRAL.   Find Kathedral on twitter as well @kathedralnj     






What an experience. A packed house, standing ovations in droves and a concert fitting of the KING....that's what I got to see..... I then became friends with Doug on line and soon after was able to chat with him personally by phone.  I swear I felt like I was talking to Elvis !  All this aside, let's get into some stuff here.... 

These ETA's have a love for Elvis that is amazing.  I remember loving that Doug mentioned in his show, " I am not Elvis, I am just paying tribute to the man and the music ".  The quote was something like that.... and the other ETA's I have interviewed and spoken with share the same sentiments.  I love the fact that they all have this circle of friendship that is also truly amazing.  

Doug is the  1991 Images of the King World Champion and a Veteran of the Legends in Concert stage show. During his 20 plus year career, Doug has performed all over the U.S. and in more than a dozen Countries Worldwide. 

Doug also offers a program where you can learn to move and sing like Elvis..  "Sing like the King"

Doug has earned the moniker "The True Voice of Elvis" for his uncanny ability to mimic Elvis Presley's singing style. 

In speaking with Doug, I found him to be a humble man, gracious in every sense of the word.  I am hoping to get a chance chat more with him this August, when I head back to Graceland to do a follow up story on the ETA experience there.  

For now, watch out for our ETA spotlights in the last week of each month right here. As always, you can reach out me at www.4astar.com for any information on my blog etc... 

If you are in the Indiana area, catch Doug Church, "The True voice of Elvis", at the American Countryside Market every Wednesday evening.  Find out all the info on Doug's FB page... 
His web page is www.dougchurch.net  . You can see and hear some video there too. 

Doug also has a TVOE Face Book group page.... 

"TAKE ME TO CHURCH" With a true artist, performer, and one of the best ETA's in the biz... 

                                                          DOUG  CHURCH 

Let's take a 4 minute listen as Doug performs "My Way"....

Video taken by Susan Quinn Sand












#TVOE


No comments: