Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 40

Wow....40 days and counting....just missed one or 2 during "Sandy". Not bad.... LOL
Please keep passing this along so we can see where it all winds up at the end of the year..... our year, of 365 days.... :)

Today, I write quick and to the point. I know we all have a heavy heart when it comes to Hurricane Sandy. Anything we do surrounding it will certainly be out of the ordinary scope of our day. I really just had to share this. You can not even imagine the scope of the damages from the pictures. I got to drive through the area just above Long Beach Island today..... My dear friends and business partners lost their home in the storm. I only found out that the home was destroyed for good today. When I got to their street, all the neighbors had things out that we have seen in all the pictures, I know they had stories we have all heard recently, and there was something in the air that was strange. It's not what you think.........it was a feeling, to me, of Hope.....
People were cleaning out their life long and personal belongings right as we drove up the street. There were signs all around saying, "remove me"....or "don't take me"......signs posted up over piles of memories.....

My heart sank into my chest as I rode through and saw my friends with all their belongings on the street......
My childhood town of Seaside was also destroyed and that has left me really sad this past week or so.....in that area, people have to be bused in with just a few short hours to gather what will fit into 2 bags.....then who knows when they can go back.....

I did , however, feel that feeling of Hope in the air. I think everyone will move forward. It's just going to take time.......
                                                           Visit Our Web Page

No comments: