Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 5....
....of the Balcony Blogger Challenge....
Well , it's 8:35 AM and I've done my challenge today. Another early one for me. Worked out well as I have to spend most of the day planning for 2 events tomorrow..... So if you read yesterday's blog, you know I took the business cards from Shea's, purchased a 2nd holder , and was able to clean them up a little.... I delivered them at 7:30 this morning. On the way home I thought I would stop at Historic Smithville and see if anything caught my attention early in the morning. First , When I turned at the light, 3 ducks were crossing the road. 2 white ones on either end and a grey on in the middle. Of course, I had to stop and wait for them to get to the other side. I know there's a joke in there somewhere.... LOL
 I stopped in at the Smithville Bakery and said hello to some of the workers there.  Particularly, Kelly, who is always a breath of fresh air. I used to have staff meetings in the bakery and Kelly would always take care of us. Just haven't been there much over the Summer.
Next, I walked over to the bridge.... I stopped on the bridge and just looked at the misty sky.....It reminded me of being back in Virginia with my friends Joe and Cec.....It was so peaceful, no one else there. I waited til  these 2 little ducks in the distance swam across the lake.... it was funny, what seemed like Mama duck was waiting at one end with another little duck. As the 2 swimming ducks made there way across and got closer, you started hearing the squawking some. I could just imagine what the mama duck was saying...... "What took you so long?"  Funny how the one duck just waited for them all to get together and then they went off together towards the banks of the lake.
Well that was good enough for me and it took all of about 6 minutes to just stop and smell the roses..... or in this case watch the ducks..... It was a good feeling, seeing Kelly, watching the ducks and enjoying the beauty of life early in the AM......
                                                                  Visit our web page

No comments: